NEOhio Agribusiness Forum Breakfast
June 28, 2013
7:30 am - 9:00 am
"Pillars of Agriculture Literacy – Understanding the intersection between agriculture and society"
Presented by Sandy Kuhn – Director of Commodity Relations, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
The need of those in AgriBusiness to effectively communicate with Society, has never been greater. The disconnect between consumers, especially those in urban settings, and the farms that feed them continues to grow. As more consumers demand locally grown and organic products, and agribusiness invents newer technologies to meet that increased demand, the need to effectively speak to consumer groups about the business of agriculture is of paramount importance. How do you, as an agribusiness professional, communicate with the general public about our industry? The American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBFA) has created The Pillars of Agriculture Literacy program to provide a framework of standards for increasing your ability to close the gap between you and your consumers.
Join us for a full buffet country breakfast and learn how you, the AFBFA, and the agribusiness community can engage society at all levels of education, from elementary ages to adult learners.
Der Dutchman Restaurant
Rt 97. Bellville, OH
- Benefits of crowdfunding go beyond raising cash
- OEOC Legislative day
- Mansfield makes Ohio's top ten in Third Frontier Investments
- Ohio Venture Association January meeetinig focused on Foodie'nomics
- Youngstown Business Incubator reveals studies
- Crowdfunding Campaigns Help Propel Northeast Ohio Businesses
- Braintree at Life Sciences Baltics Conference
- Braintree Grows Small Businesses
- Three Braintree tenants featured in Mansfield News Journal
- Biobased Marketing for Ohio Companies